Council on General Education Membership Structure
A. Membership (18)
Nine (9) Faculty
- 1 representative of the College of Applied Sciences and Technology
- 3 representatives of the College of Arts and Sciences
- 1 from Humanities
- 1 from Natural Sciences
- 1 from Social Sciences
- 1 representative from the College of Business
- 1 representative from the College of Education
- 1 representative from the College of Fine Arts
- 1 representative from Milner Library
- 1 representative from the Mennonite College of Nursing
Five (5) Ex Officio
- University Curriculum Committee Chairperson
- CAS Associate Dean
- Director of Honors
- Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Education
- One representative from University College
Faculty serving on the Council on General Education should have taught in the program or have familiarity with the program if their college does not contribute to the program.
Terms: Faculty members shall serve staggered three-year terms, ensuring continuity form one year to the next. Three members shall be appointed or reappointed to the committee each year Nominations for membership shall be made by the respective college for approval by the Faculty Caucus.
Four (4) students- representatives of at least two different colleges nominated and elected by the Student Government Association for one-year terms.
An updated Council on General Education membership list may be obtained from the Secretary for the Academic Senate.
Chair: The Chair is elected annually by the Council on General Education from among the faculty members of the Council.
A quorum consists of a majority (10) of the voting members of the council (18), (Academic Senate Bylaws 1977, Article 2, Section 2.18).
D. Disposition of Recommendations
The committee is advisory to the Associate Vice President for Undergraduate Education and the Academic Affairs Committee of the Academic Senate on changes in the program itself and other recommendations such as amendments and bylaws.